A simple step-by-step guide to switching your waste service…
In many ways there are similarities to change business waste arrangements and reviewing a mobile phone contract.
1. Check your current contract e.g. is the contract for 12 months? is there a notice period? and will it automatically roll over into a new fixed term?
2. Understand the existing service e.g. what size are the bins? how often are the collections? which waste streams are there collections for?
3. Identify what waste the business produces and how much e.g. how much could be recycled? would separate food and / or glass collections be useful?
4. Is there anything that needs improving? e.g. reduce costs, increase recycling, more reliable service, avoiding additional charges for overweight bins or contaminated recycling
5. Talk to a waste company or find a quote online e. g. SWR JustBins provides access to a nationwide network of service providers, check prices online or call to discuss the best solution for your business
6. Agree the service and sign a new contract
7. If switching to a new supplier give notice to the existing provider
8. The new service starts
Things to consider when choosing bins:
What space is available for bins or bags and are they moved for collections?
e.g. where there is limited storage space for bins a bag collection may work better (i.e. High Street locations) and when the bin needs to be moved for collection a wheelie bin is a good option.
How many waste streams does your business have?
e.g. when separating glass, food waste, mixed recycling and general waste there will be four separate bins or bags; the benefit is that there is flexibility to choose the right size bin for the quantity of each waste type produced but consider the space required to store all four.
What volume of waste is produced?