Barnetts opens Dundee Waterfront’s new design showcase

Barnetts Volvo has today (Friday, March 26) opened its first ‘Volvo Retail Experience’ (VRE) concept showroom in Scotland.
The company has invested £1 million in its Riverside site in Dundee to include a state-of-the-art showroom along the city’s Waterfront.
Its new customer-focused, Scandinavian-inspired showroom, which is the first of its kind in Scotland, features cutting edge Swedish design and continues Volvo’s long-running tradition of innovation and class-leading service, says the firm, which began when founder Bob Barnett started selling Volvos in the city’s Seagate in 1965.
Leather and body colour samples at Barnetts Volvo in Dundee - the first Volvo Retail Experience (VRE) showroom in Scotland.
Leather and body colour samples at Barnetts Volvo in Dundee – the first Volvo Retail Experience (VRE) showroom in Scotland.
The new VRE concept, whose launch will help to mark the firm’s 50th anniversary, sees 40% of the showroom transformed into a ‘living room’ with Scandinavian-designed furniture for customers to relax on, free wifi and Swedish treats and coffee. The remaining 60% becomes the ‘street’ displaying Volvo’s new car range.
Accroding to Barnett’s, if you dosed off on a sofa and woke up you’d be forgiven for thinking you were in a five-star Stockholm hotel.
Barnetts Motor Group chairman Paul Barnett, who has been overseeing the project, said: “We’re very proud to be investing in the city once again through both this new showroom and the continued employment and training of more than 150 staff.
 “It’s part of a £1 million investment in the site turning the multi-franchise site at Riverside Drive, Dundee, into a state-of-the-art showcase for the future of car retailing. Further plans for this year include a customer handover centre utilising hi-tech 3D projection mapping as well as a car photography studio.Barnetts Volvo VRE Exterior day-5_Press
“I’ve grown up alongside the Volvo brand, it’s very close to my heart as well as being a key part of the business. I’m really excited about how in our Volvo 50th anniversary year the new showroom improves the total customer experience in so many ways and can’t wait to hear directly from our customers what they think of it.
“Even if you just want to have a look, please come along and join us in our journey into the future of premium Swedish car retailing.”
Barnetts Motor Group was formed when its first Volvo dealership was opened in Seagate in 1965. The company has grown steadily and now employs more than 150 people throughout Tayside and Fife selling more than 4,000 vehicles every year and carrying out in excess of 25,000 services annually.
Its roots are still in Dundee, with its head office at Riverside Drive on its multi-franchise site selling and servicing Volvo, Volkswagen and Mazda vehicles.
To see the Volvo concept which inspired the new showroom, as well as a time lapse video of its construction, watch the video here.
Sponsored by