More than 30 awards presented to marketers from across Scotland
A number of east of Scotland creatives have been crowned in this year’s Marketing Society Scotland Star Awards – including marketers from the Scottish Government, The Union agency, Glenrothes-based VELUX, Royal Bank of Scotland, and Skyscanner.
They were honoured at an awards ceremony and gala dinner in Glasgow which was attended by more than 500 marketing professionals and their guests.
More than 30 awards were presented during the course of the evening, which was hosted by comedian Susan Calman.
The winners were:
· Star Marketing Student, Kieran Skelton, University of Stirling
· Star Creative Student Sarah Mary Macrae, Edinburgh College
· Rising Agency Star, Caroline Smith, Signal
· Rising Creative Star, Jed Case & Rory Imlach, The Union
· Rising Marketing Star, Peter Sanchez, Tesco Bank
· Brand Development, Pickering’s Gin, The #Ginbaubles that Stole Christmas
· International Marketing, Edrington, The Macallan Double Cask
· Integrated Marketing, The Leith Agency & The Scottish Government, Everybody Can Save A Life
· Marketing Planning – Resources, Research & Insights, The Leith Agency & The Scottish Government, How Insight Helped Inform The Public About Child Sexual Exploitation
· Digital Strategy, Bright Signals & Tennent Caledonian Breweries, Tennent’s Lager Digital Strategy 2016
· Marketing in Society, Including Not For Profit, Charity & Cause-Related, The Leith Agency & The Scottish Government, More Than A Movie: How Scotland Helped Save The World
· Advertising, The Leith Agency & The Scottish Government, Child Sexual Exploitation: Raising Awareness of An Invidious Crime
· Brand Experience, Including Sponsorship & Event Marketing, APS Group & National Library of Scotland, Revealing Scotland’s Cultural History of Disease, Darkness & Death
· Design D8 & Tennent Caledonian Breweries, Fresh fizz for a market leader – T bar fount
· Digital Communication, Bright Signals & Tennent Caledonian Breweries, Tennent’s Lager Digital 2016
· Public Relations, Frame & Social Bite, Social Bite’s Difficult Second Album
· Media, Republic of Media & Food Standards Scotland, Why did the chicken fail to ruin summer?
· Financial & Professional Services, The Leith Agency & The Royal Bank of Scotland, Becoming The Royal Bank For Scotland
· Food & Drink, The Union & Food Standards Scotland, How some fowl play got Scotland barbecuing safely
· Public Sector, Studio Something & See Me, It’s Okay To Not Be Okay
· Tourism, Leisure & Sport, The Union & VisitScotland, Taking Scotland’s spirit to the world
· Retail, Story UK & VELUX, Seeing VELUX in a brand new light
· Tech Sector, The Union & Skyscanner, Taking a journey into code
· Chairman’s Award – FTE Agency, APS Group
· Chairman’s Award – FTE Client, National Library of Scotland
· Chairman’s Award – SME Agency, PUNK Creative
· Chairman’s Award – SME Client, Macsween
· Star Agency of The Year, The Union
· Star Marketing Team of the Year, VELUX
· Agency Star of the Year, David Craik, Bright Signals
· Marketing Star of the Year, Pauline Aylesbury, The Scottish Government
Graeme Atha, Director of The Marketing Society, said: “We were hugely impressed by the quality and strength of this year’s entries and I would like to offer my sincere congratulations to the winners, all of whom should be very proud of what they have achieved.
“Scotland’s creative and marketing sector is booming and it is important that individuals, companies, and campaigns are celebrated for the great work they do as the sector continues to strengthen and grow.”
A recent study conducted by SMG Insight and YouGov showed that 38% of Scots regard marketing as an important driving factor in business success – well above sales (34%), accounting (18%), HR (13.5%), and law (12%).