In recent times online game has become one of the greatest source of entertainment. However, most of the online games are mainly for the teenagers and young adults. There are very few games available for seniors who have a knack for playing classic games. Keeping their needs in mind the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) developed a gaming site where people from all age groups can have fun. This gaming platform offers a wide variety of brain-stimulating games that will keep you entertained for a long time. If you are looking for something that will let you have fun while keeping you mentally active, AARP Games are the best options for you. Want to learn more about AARP Games? Stay tuned with this article and I will let you know all the things you need to know about this unique gaming platform.
What are AARP Games?
Before knowing more about AARP Games and their features, you first need to know what AARP games actually are and why you should play these games. Well, I am going to tell you all about it. As I have mentioned before these games are basically designed considering the need for entertainment for older people, specifically those 50 and above. The American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) is a charitable organisation that mainly works to solve the difficulties that older people face on a daily basis. They created this gaming platform to enhance the cognitive ability of the elder generation and stimulate their brain. These games include a wide range of genres from puzzles and strategy games to card games that can keep you engaged for a long time. Even though the target users of the AARP games are the older generation, people from all age groups can have fun playing these games. You can also have easy access to these games and can play them for free.
The procedure for accessing AARP Games
You can access the AARP gaming site by following some easy steps.
- First, go to your web browser and type www.aarp.org and click enter. You can visit their website through this.
- Next, go to the top right corner of the homepage and you can see a “Games” option. If you click on it, it will redirect you to the AARP games page.
- You can find a wide variety of games on that page. Select the game as per your liking and click on it to start playing.
- You may not access all the games there as some of them require you to sign in. You have to create an AARP account to play those games.
- Once you sign up, you can play all the games that are available on the site.
Yes, it’s that easy to access the games. You can try it now.
Best Features of These Games
There are some unique features of AARP games that make them more attractive, mainly to older people.
- Simple and User-friendly interface: Keeping in mind the needs of the older generation, the developers kept the interface simple and easy to use. The simple navigation and user-friendly design will provide you with an amazing gaming experience.
- Availability of both online and offline options: You can access AARP games both online and offline. This provides flexibility to users who face difficulties with internet connection.
- A wide range of game categories: The AARP games cover a variety of game categories. The diverse range includes card games, puzzles, strategy games, board games and many others. You can choose as per your interests and preferences.
- Scope for social interaction: In some of the AARP games you can see the multiplayer options which will enable you to play against other community members or friends. This provides an enhanced gaming experience and helps to combat the feeling of loneliness and depression.
- Tracking of achievements and progress: On this gaming site, you can track your progress and achievements. You can track your completion rate and scores so that you can challenge yourself and improve your performance. The awards and badges will also keep you motivated to explore new challenges in your favourite games.
Types of AARP Games Available
There are different types of AARP Games available once you access the site successfully. You can choose games based on your favourite genre of games.
AARP Board games cover the virtual version of all-time favourite classic board games. These games will give you great opportunities for social interactions. You can find popular board games like Chess, Scrabble and Backgammon which will effectively stimulate your brain and keep you active. These games will also improve your intellect and power of thinking.
Brain Games and Puzzles
AARP games also include the genre of puzzles and brain games where you will find games like Sudoku, Crosswords and different types of memory games. While playing Crosswords you can improve your vocabulary while having fun. Playing Sudoku can enhance your critical thinking and problem-solving skills. The memory games will help you improve your memory power and keep you mentally active.
Card games are all-time favourite games for old people who belong to the age group of 50 and above. On the AARP gaming site, you can find popular card games including Solitaire, Mahjongg and Bridge. While playing the Bridge game you can improve your teamwork skills as you have to play with other players here. Tile-based game Mahjongg will improve your concentration, memory and pattern recognition power.
Go and find your favourite games right now and start playing
Benefits You can get from playing these games
Playing AARP games can be greatly beneficial for you in so many ways. The games are designed in such ways so that senior users can some kind of health benefit from them. Here are some advantages of playing AARP Games.
- Helps to relieve stress level
AARP games serve the purpose of a stress reliever so that you can stay distracted from everyday worries. It can effectively reduce your anxiety level and let you have fun.
- Improves social interaction
As I have mentioned before, some of the AARP games have multiplayer options where you can team up with other players. They can be your family, friends or other community members. This enables you to connect and engage with others and eliminate the sense of isolation.
- Stimulates cognitive ability
The developers designed the games to challenge and improve cognitive skills like attention, memory, critical thinking and problem-solving. So, if you play these games on a regular basis, you can improve your brain function.
- Health benefits
Research shows that brain-stimulating games have a huge contribution to the mental and physical well-being of the players. It significantly reduces the risk of cognitive decline and keeps the brain active.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about AARP Games
- Are AARP Games Free?
Yes, you can play these games for free if you are a member of the community.
- Can I play AARP games on my phone?
Yes, you can play on any type of device including tablets and smartphones. You just have to visit the website and access the “Games” section.
- Is there a multiplayer option?
Some of the games have a multiplayer option. You can play with your friends and community members.
- What types of games can I play on AARP Games?
You can access different types of card games, board games, strategy games, puzzles and memory games here.