Our oven trays often end up in a sorry state after just one use. The accumulation of burnt-on food particles and grease can turn them into a cleaning nightmare. Many people find themselves tempted to toss these trays in the trash, but this wasteful approach isn’t necessary. In this guide, the oven cleaning Chelmsford experts explore some tried and tested methods to clean your oven trays effectively.
Call In The Professionals
If you want a completely hassle-free solution to your dirty oven tray problem, consider enlisting the help of professionals. Oven cleaning experts, like those at Alpha Oven Cleaning, specialise in restoring ovens and their accessories to their former glory. This is the easiest option because it relieves you from spending hours scrubbing and soaking oven trays. We recommend scheduling a professional oven cleaning service every six months to keep your oven trays in top condition. Cleaner trays not only look better but can also enhance the flavour of your food by eliminating residue from previous cooking sessions, such as fats and grease.
Use Baking Soda & White Vinegar
For those who prefer a DIY approach, your kitchen cabinet holds a powerful cleaning duo: baking soda and white vinegar. These household items can work wonders on your oven trays.
Here’s a simple process to follow:
- Mix half a cup of baking soda with half a cup of white vinegar and hot water in your sink.
- Allow the solution to soak on the tray for approximately 50 minutes.
- Grab a scourer and start scrubbing—the combination of white vinegar and baking soda should make cleaning easier.
Baking soda is particularly effective at removing burnt bits from the tray. You can apply it directly to stubborn spots for better results.
Grease vs. Washing Up Liquid
When it comes to battling stubborn grease, investing in a higher-quality washing up liquid can make a significant difference. Here’s how to tackle grease buildup on your oven trays:
- Begin by wiping away as much grease as possible with a paper towel.
- Fill your sink with quality washing up liquid.
- Allow the tray to soak in the soapy water for at least 30 minutes.
- After soaking, start scrubbing—the washing up liquid should have done most of the hard work for you.
While we usually advocate for cost-effective solutions, sparing some extra cash on a good-quality washing up liquid can be worth it when dealing with grease buildup.
Cleaning oven trays doesn’t have to be a daunting task. Like we said, the easiest tip we can give you is to call in the help of a trusted oven cleaning company, like Alpha Oven Cleaning. At Alpha, we are here to put in the elbow grease so you can keep reusing those oven trays.