With the advancements in technology and medical science and the awareness of the same, the need to develop intelligent medical sensors is increasing day by day. The use of minimally invasive sensors in critical surgery or operative treatment cases is also passing through a testing time where the urge to develop more advanced features is demanded.
What are miniature coils?
Small, coil-shaped components, generally incorporated into medical sensors that are useful for various purposes in terms of aiding in the connectivity of the sensors, are referred to as miniature coils. They are made from ultra-fine wires and can vary in size. The wires are manufactured using copper and other valuable metals 5 to 10 times thinner than human hair. The manufacturing procedure involves complex and scientific methods, making it necessary to be developed exclusively by dedicated manufacturers.
Application of the miniature coil-induced medical sensors
Before delving into the manufacturing requirements of the miniature coils, it would be wise to understand the application of the same in the field of medical treatment.
- Medical sensors containing the miniature coil technology can help track vital signs through wireless communication. Therefore, diagnosing critical cases would become easier with the help of these coils.
- These can be used in active implants that help monitor miniature pacemakers and deep brain stimulation cases.
- Regarding electrophysiology treatments, the medical sensors with the benefit of miniature oil Technology can be used in therapeutic applications.
- These can also be used for navigation, that is, the purpose of targeted drug delivery, stent positioning, implanted markers, targeted radiation catheters, and several others.
- Moreover, micro coils can be connected to the operating system using electromagnetic pulses to help the process of Orthopaedic treatment.
The manufacturing requirements of the miniature coils
The manufacturers must have extensive knowledge and experience regarding how these tiny coils work and the specifications of developing such coils. The following are the must-follow requirements for developing these ultra-thin, functional, and flawless miniature coils.
- These coils are very different from the standard coils; therefore, a manufacturer of miniature coils to be incorporated in medical sensors must have particular types of equipment. These machines must be designed by the manufacturer from scratch to support the process.
- One of the goals of manufacturing such coils must be preventing medical faults of any kind, and therefore, the standard of the coils must be very high. The process should undergo a strict series of quality checks.
- These coil manufacturers must follow the predetermined specifications that the clients often provide. Clients’ inspection should support the manufacturing facility, including the materials and development process.
Lastly, it must be said that these coils are the future of advanced medical treatment that can only be imagined contemporarily. However, the possibility of reaching the inaccessible regions of the body through medical sensors and minimising disruption within body functions has paved the way towards developing ultra-fine wires-induced miniature coils that can add to the benefits of using medical sensors in treating critical ailments.