Google Snake game is a type of classic arcade game that is enjoyable for people of all ages. It is a simple but fun game that demands your continuous attention and concentration. I am sure all of you must have played this game at least once as the game has been around for a long time in different designs and modifications. To this day the popularity of this game has remained the same.
You will be surprised to know that Google Snake is one of the most downloaded games for Android devices. One of the biggest reasons behind the popularity of this game is its easy-to-control feature. All you need to do is to collect food and avoid colliding with the walls. If you think it’s too simple and boring, I will advise you to start playing the game as there is more to its seemingly simple outlook. There are some ways you can make the game more challenging and unlock new mods. Interested? Let’s dive deeper into it and explore all the features you don’t know about yet.
History and Origin of Google Snake Game
The snake game has been around for a long time as it was introduced and popularised during the 1970s and 1980s. Google Snake game is basically the modern version of the original snake game. The original game made its debut in early arcade games and became largely popular due to its addictive nature. Later, this game appeared on Nokia mobile phones and became a sensation immediately after. In 2010, Google introduced the modified version of this classic game calling it Google Snake.
To make it more accessible, Google added a playable version of this classic game to its search engine. You just need to type Google Snake on the Google Chrome search bar and press the search button. This will take you to the page where you can directly play the game. Recently, in 2019, Google created a standalone app for this legendary game where users can play the game offline as well. The concept and the procedure of the game are the same as the original and that will bring you the same nostalgia.
However, it has added some of its own twists to make the game more advanced and interesting. For example, you can replace the snake with a bus which will increase in length as it takes passengers. Here the game occurs in real-life places and destinations like Cairo, Tokyo and others and each place has its designated bus stop. These twists have made the game more enjoyable and attractive, especially for Gen-Z users.
How to access Google Snake
The process of accessing the Google Snake game is really straightforward and easy. You just have to follow some simple steps to play this legendary game.
- First, you need to launch a web browser like Google Chrome and go to the homepage search bar.
- Then you need to type “Google Snake” on the search bar and press “OK” or “Enter” on your device.
- The first search result will show you the game which will have a “Play” option.
- Hit the “Play” button and start playing the game directly from there.
After you can access the game, a colourful playground with fruits and a little blue snake will greet you. You have to control the snake by changing its direction so it can eat the fruits that appear on the playground and avoid colliding with the walls and its own body. In order to control the snake you have to use the up, down, left and right arrows on your keyboard. Isn’t that easy and simple? You can go and give it a try right now.
Tips and Tricks for Google Snake: Be the Snake Charmer
Now I am going to share some tips and tricks that will make you a champion of the Google Snake game. There are some ways you can have better control over the snake and can play the game for a long time without any accidents. It will enable you to improve your gameplay and achieve a high score.
- Make a slow start: First, you need to focus on controlling the movements of the snake slowly. It will make your understanding of the game better and increase your accuracy.
- Create a plan for movements: One of the most common mistakes is to make chaotic and random moves without any prior thought. You have to plan the path of the snake in advance so that you can avoid any unnecessary risk.
- Take note of the food placement: Even though the primary goal of this game is to make the snake longer by making it eat the food, you should be cautious of the food placement. Sometimes, the foods are placed in risky areas and you should make a proper plan before going for those foods.
- Use speed to your advantage: Google Snake provides you with the option to increase and decrease the speed while playing the game. Make the speed slower when the snake grows longer so that you can have better control over it.
- Cornering is important: Keep in mind that the Google Snake game is all about cornering and light turns. You have to learn how to make light but efficient turns by navigating through the speed.
- Concentrate and focus: Maintaining continuous focus can help you to have better control over the snake’s movements. Choose a calm and quiet place before starting the game to avoid any type of distraction. It will minimise the chance of poor decision-making.
- Monitor the top players: You can learn a lot by monitoring the high-score players on the leaderboard. Observing their styles and strategies can help you create better ideas for control. It can significantly improve your gameplay.
What to do if Google Snake is not working on your device
There are often some user complaints that the Google Snake game is not properly working on their devices. There might be various reasons behind it including issues in Google servers, trouble in Google browser and various others. If you are also facing this type of issue with the Google Snake game you can try troubleshooting by trying out the following steps.
- Restart your device as it often helps repair the games and gaming apps.
- Clean cookies and cache files from your browser. It helps in improving the functionality of the games.
- Wait for a while when you are facing an issue before attempting again. If it is a server issue it will get resolved after a while.
- Lastly, switch the browser to a unique one that you haven’t used for a while. It can do the trick if it’s a browser issue.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Google Snake
- Is the Google Snake game Free?
Yes, it is absolutely free. You can start playing whenever you want.
- Can I play Google Snake on my smartphone?
Yes, you can. Go to snake.googlemaps.com and tap start.
- Can I play the Google Snake game offline?
Yes. Snake.io is completely free of cost and you can play offline from any device.
- Can I compete with friends while playing Google Snake?
You can join your friends by choosing the multiplayer arena. You can compete and see who can reach the top on the leader board first.